I decided to get a new case for my main computer today, and chose a micro atx case due to the fact that I’ve always had a big case and am sick of it…
I realized that the small PSU’s that come with micro atx cases might not support my 3 HDDs and1 DVD+RW drive, so I found a great PSU need calculator that I wanted to share.
Here it is.
I’ve been using this for a while now, and have found it a great little trick for accessing services that are blocked due to a firewall.
It’s pretty simple, you just have a few parts to the command string. The first command argument tells ssh to forward a local port (LP) to a remote machine Remote) on a remote port (RP). The second part is something you’re probably familiar with, the destination that you’re connecting to (Destination).
An example with the abbreviations above would be:
ssh -L LP:Remote:RP Destination
Say for example, you ran the command “ssh -L 1234:myInternalServer.com:80 myExternalServer”. In order to access port 80 on myInternalServer.com you’d open up your web browser and point it to http://localhost:1234. It’s as easy as that!
I found out recently, like a lot of people, that the AllPeers Firefox extension went Open Source. So naturally, I realized the hype it created and installed it.
Unfortunately, I never tested it, because none of my friends wanted to install it, so there it sat right there in my Firefox installation, dormant. It wasn’t until today that I had problems with it.
I restarted my computer today, and tried to start up Firefox, and it did nothing… So I started up the console, and started Firefox. It started starting up fine, with loading of AllPeers, then had a segmentation fault error…
I ended up having to remove the extension finally. To do this use the following steps:
- Open up your terminal emulator
- Navigate to ~/.mozilla/firefox
- There should be a directory there that has a bunch of seemingly random characters. Mine’s tr1d6tmr.default. Navigate to that directory.
- Navigate to the extensions directory.
- Execute ‘find ./ | grep peers’ and delete the directory things were found in.
Now if you were having the same problems as me, you should be able to start Firefox again!